Ways to increase children’s learning ability to read and write
Children need to learn to read so that they can later learn to learn. In fact, since reading is the basic tool of all courses, traces of poor reading skills can be seen in all academic failures.
Therefore, in this article, we discuss reading and educational strategies to strengthen reading and writing skills.
1- Do not compare your child with other children and do not blame him.
2. Let the other children in the family know that their sibling’s problems are not due to laziness or stubbornness.
3. Other children’s ability, confidence and gave them to feel valued.
4- The positive and good points of these children should be confirmed.
5. Allow them to have the power to choose and experience anything, including the choice of personal items.
6- Training sessions should be as enjoyable and varied as possible.
7- Choose a time for education when the child feels calm.
8- Training sessions at home should not be long.
9- In return for the progress and good deeds of children, appropriate rewards should be given.
10. Always encourage the child, not criticize him. From saying things like “Hurry up”, “See what you are doing?” Avoid and use phrases like “You’re really making progress in reading” instead.
12- Sometimes it seems that your child has forgotten what he knew from the day before, do not worry, he progresses and progresses slowly with sudden progress and following, it is normal for these children.
13- Whenever you have a training session with your children, try to finish it with an activity that your child is good at and enjoys.
14. When teaching, arrange for your other children to work elsewhere. The TV is on while you are doing something else. 15. Or his brother and sister are around him, do not try to hold a training session.
16- Love and hug the child and build self-confidence in him.
17- Spend time learning to listen to the child.
18- Encourage the child’s interests, abilities and strengths.
19- Help the child to correct his mistakes and errors and give him a way to do it.
You should be aware that many children do not know the meanings of the words in the story. So you have to pause and tell the meaning to the child.
Reading and writing skills
20. Be reasonable in your expectations of the child and accept children according to their own hips.
21. Give them responsibilities for family work and daily chores.
22- Provide reading materials that are at the level of your child and the child can read it easily.
23. Do not shy away from consulting with other teachers and professionals.
24. Take your child to the library and encourage them to choose their favorite books.
25. When they do something bad, tell them how you feel about their behavior.
26. Do educational activities to the extent that you make sure your child is happy and full of energy.
27. Encourage your child to talk about topics he or she can read or write.
28- Avoid reading long texts for more than 5 minutes.
29. Ignoring some words that are not read correctly can sometimes help.
30. The easiest line to read is print or a book. Therefore, the use of these writings is more attractive and better, especially if they also have an image, it is much more appropriate.
31- Do not think that with a lot of education you can solve the child’s problem.
32. Watch TV together and discuss what you have seen.
33. Make appointments and have tripped. Going to a place your child likes, such as shopping, a park, can be just as useful as a formal educational session for the child.
34. Admire the child’s effort, remember how hard it is for him to try to succeed in reading and writing.
35. Do not feel guilty. You are not to blame for your child’s problem and you can not prevent it.
Do not blame anyone else, including the child, teacher, or other parents.
36. Develop the child’s vocabulary.
37. Talk to your child about dyslexia and explain it to him.
38. Most importantly, reassure him that he should seek the help of a specialist for training.
39. These children need organized and appropriate education.
40. These children who need special teacher training are