How to raise a positive child
Our personality consists of 3 components: behavior, thinking, and feeling; It means how we feel about ourselves, the people around us and the world around us, how we think, and how we react to different events, and these show how humans are. Some of the different aspects of our personality are rooted in our genetic or natural structure and are born with us and we have no role in it.
We may be able to modify them a little, but we can not make a fundamental change. Another part of our personality is influenced by the environment in which we grow and grow, which of course can be changed and adjusted.
This introduction was made to let us know that we can not change everything about our child, but we can somewhat adjust his nature and lead him in a better direction, and we can also change the way we treat and behave. Work in the family environment leads him to negative and antisocial behaviors. Even in a family environment, we see children with different mental and behavioral characteristics.
Although they were born to the same parents and raised in the same environment, they have different personalities. One is cautious and one is braver. One is introverted and one is extroverted and more social. One is calm and the other is more nervous and emotional, but that does not mean we should not take any action. We can make a child who is naturally anxious and dependent better or worse. We can make the introverted child more isolated or a little more social.
We can make the stubborn and mischievous child more stubborn, more disobedient, and rebellious, or we can not start a power struggle and stubbornness with him, strengthen his positive and appropriate traits and ignore some of his small negative behaviors and appropriate punitive feedback for his disobedience. Let’s choose and tame it a bit. We can slightly modify our nervous, negative, and atmospheric child traits. In this article, we have tried to teach positive thinking etiquette to our children in a simple way. Join us.
Educate positive-minded children
It seems that in the first place we have to accept the difference of children, even children who are born in the same family environment and from the same parents, and also accept the fact that although our ideals are something else, our child may be It may not be perfectly in line with our ideals and aspirations, but in the next steps, we will decide what behaviors we want to change and how we should change them.
Every human being, as he grows up, his worldview is formed; That is, his way of thinking and attitude towards people and events around him. You must have noticed that some people are more optimistic and analyze the events around them in a positive way, and some, on the contrary, look at everything in a negative, pessimistic, cautious, and contemplative way. An event occurs but people’s analyzes and behaviors are different.
“Your room is very cluttered,” the mother tells her teen. “Arrange it a little.” One answer is: “Yes, mother, you are right. I was busy with my exams for a few days. I did not notice my room at all. I will definitely fix my eyes today when I come back from school “, but another teenager may answer:” You interfere in everything I do. Not my room at all. Unless I work in your room. You all want to remind me that I am a slut and disorderly. “You do not accept me at all!”
Or consider a child in the classroom when, at the teacher’s request, he or she begins to read a book and misread a word that sounds like a funny word, and the children in the class all laugh. One child may think that all the kids in the class made fun of me. I can not do my job properly at all, not even reading a simple text, but the other person laughs and laughs with the class and says, “Look what I said? Guys, I sing again. This time I promise to read correctly … ”
Numerous examples can be given, such as that the event and the situation are the same, but people have different perceptions and behaviors, and it is clear that what is under this behavior is the way people think, think, perceive and analyze it.
10 steps to children’s positive thinking
Following these tips can help you raise your child in a way that, even if it is difficult and inconsistent in nature, is slightly adjusted and his perceptions of events and happenings are positive and realistic. Of course, this does not mean that he does not see the negative realities around him:
1. Children follow our example. In their presence, try to limit words and conversations that have a negative and pessimistic background, and be careful of your negative behaviors and interpretations of events; For example, if you get in front of you while driving a car, do not immediately increase your speed so that you want to teach the other person a lesson and do not say that he wants to take care of me. . Also, do not be stubborn while driving.
Educate positive-minded children
2. Correct your child’s negative and pessimistic attitudes. For example, if your child complains that his friend bought a new solid and brought it to school to be proud of and burn the hearts of other children, tell him, “No, I do not think so.” “He is happy and excited to buy a new device and wants to share this feeling with you.”
3. Try to boost your child’s confidence. Children with good self-esteem usually do not interpret the situation in a way that includes the concepts of inferiority, failure, and pessimism. Children with low self-esteem usually have a negative and humiliating attitude towards themselves and negatively interpret the behavior and behavior of others, such as he made fun of me, he wanted to crush and humiliate me, he wanted to make me small in front of others, no Nobody likes me, I do not benefit from anything.
4. Be careful of words that have absolute meanings in your conversations and communications; Words like always, never, never, not at all, etc. If your child makes a mistake, never describe him with these words: “Why do you never greet your grandfather, you always wrote in the same handwriting. “You never learned how to defend yourself.”
Because after a while, they come to believe that I can never do the right thing, and after a while, they generalize the same perception to the behavior of others that my teacher meant that he said that I am a slow-moving student and I do not learn anything properly.
5. Children who face a lot of stress, hardship, and adversity may come to the conclusion after a while that everything is hard, bad, and inappropriate. So try to show the beauties to your child. Reduce her environmental stress. Some events are inevitable, but we can make sure that some of them do not occur or are experienced more mildly.
Educate positive-minded children
6. Avoid punishing the child and do not abuse him. When children are abused, they perceive the world as threatening and insecure.
7. There are some negative and bitter realities in life. Our children need to be realistic about events. There is really bullying in schools. The child must understand the reality of this concept and learn ways to deal with it. If another student wants to force him to do something or force his food, he must learn that this person is a bully and his goal is to invade the borders of others. So I stand against this bullying. Proper analysis of facts and logical treatment of them is not pessimistic.
8. Try to teach the child love and affection for others. Learn that humans need each other’s help. We must serve and love our fellow human beings.
9. Teach children that even small things can be enjoyed and enjoyed. Happiness does not necessarily mean that we experience a great success or a very great and positive event. The simple pleasures and joys of life are not small. Understanding happiness is possible by understanding these joys and pleasures of life.
10. Teach children to see the goodness of others, even small ones, and to give positive feedback. This behavior causes others to give us positive feedback. Do not forget that sometimes a negative and pessimistic view is a sign of a mental disorder such as depression, anxiety, behavioral and personality disorder, or another problem and disorder, and if you can not correct your child’s negative attitude, maybe a psychiatrist or psychiatrist A pediatrician can help you.
See Also Cause of children talking in sleep and its treatment